Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching is a program offered by Microsoft to accredited schools and departments, providing access to tools commonly used in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) programs. It provides professional developer and designer tools, software, and services from Microsoft to faculty and students. It includes the latest technologies and cloud services to inspire and excite students. And, it provides educators a diverse set of resources. Software that is acquired through an Azure Dev Tools for Teaching subscription is only for instructional and research purposes.
Previously, this program had different names: Microsoft MSDN Academic Alliance, Microsoft DreamSpark, and Microsoft Imaging Premium. The Departament d’Enginyeria Informàtica i Matemàtiques subscribed to these programs in 2003, with the collaboration of the Escola Tècnica Superior d’Enginyeria de la Universitat Rovira i Virgili.
The software available includes, among others:
· Windows 10
· Windows Server
· Visual Studio
· SQL Server
· SharePoint Server
· R Server
· BizTalk Server
· Azure DevOps Server
· Microsoft Project
· Microsoft Visio
· Microsoft Access
You may download the access procedure here, or just read below these lines.
2. Click on the blue button
3. Enter your URV identification address of the type 12345678-X@epp.urv.cat
4. You will be redirected to the institutional validation web to introduce your password
5. You will be asked if you want to leave your session initiated (you choose)
6. Accept the terms
7. Now you are inside your Microsoft Azure space
8. In the Software tab you have all the Microsoft products you may download and install in your computer
9. If you get lost in the Azure interface, search for Education in the search bar